Our Sessions provide a structured way to represent the operational states or modes of a device. For instance, for vehicles, sessions can help determine if a vehicle is in a "running" or "stopped" state. By leveraging the power of conditions, users can accurately define when a device enters or exits a session. Furthermore, sessions enhance the visualization capabilities of the dashboard, allowing users to quickly assess the current state of a device and review its historical session data.
- Access the Sessions Panel: Navigate to the main dashboard and select the 'Sessions' tab or panel.
- Initiate Session Creation: Click on the + Create Session Type button.
- Fill in Session Details:
- Session Name: Input a descriptive name for the session (e.g., "Running" or "Stopped").
- Stream: Choose the relevant stream associated with the session from the dropdown menu.
- Define Conditions: Under the 'Where' section, specify the conditions that determine the session. For instance, for a vehicle's running session, you might select the "vehicle_status" stream, Field as "status", and Value as "running".
- Add Filter Rule (Optional): If additional filtering is necessary, click on the Add Filter Rule dropdown to specify more conditions.
- Finalize Creation: Once all details are correctly filled, click the Submit button to save the session. Alternatively, click Cancel to discard changes.